A lot of people ask me how I keep a positive and calm demeanor.
On my long trip home, from the UK, I jotted down my ‘rules for life’.
Hope they help you, and perhaps you already live by some of them.
Have an awesome weekend.
- Smile and the world smiles with you. Cry and you cry alone.
- In a negotiation, never make the first offer.
- Act like you’ve been there before. Especially in the winning straight.
- When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
- Hold your mentors to a higher standard.
- Return a borrowed car with a full tank of petrol.
- When shaking hands, grip firmly and look the person in the eye.
- Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
- If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.
- Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
- Dress for the job you want.
- Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
- If you want to know what makes you unique, sit for a caricature.
- Greet someone new, everyday, with a smile. You may just make their day.
- After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
- Give credit. Take the blame.
- Write down your dreams and then make them happen.
- Live for the moment. Appreciate what you have.
- Take advantage of your freedom of choice. Wake up each morning and choose to have a good day.
- Be true to yourself.